Cleaning Up Indianapolis Fire Damage with Swift Action
SERVPRO Efficiently Restores Fire Damage
Cleaning up after a fire loss incident requires a combination of dozens of processes, cutting-edge tools and products, and experienced professionals. The choice of SERVPRO for this post-disaster cleanup and recovery puts all the necessary skill sets and licensed professionals on one team arriving simultaneously to help. From immediate repairs and controlled demolition to mitigative solutions to make the environment safer, we are a full-service restoration solution to help.
Fire Mitigation Starts Quickly
After the Indianapolis fire damage events, we push to care for the most considerable structural needs. Mitigation can involve several objectives:
- Air Quality - We clear smoke solids and airborne contaminants with HEPA filtration equipment.
- Structural Integrity - We assess structural stability and remove damaged materials as needed. A structural engineer may be required for inspection.
- Necessary Repairs - We restore utilities and perform tarping and board-up services.
- Content Management - We relocate at-risk contents and then clean/restore them.
- Debris - We clean up heaped debris and buildup in the house that amplifies soot particles and smoke odors.
Soot Fire Damage Cleanup Products
Soot gets created by partial combustion, and many materials impacted by a fire in your home do not completely burn. Thick and formidable residues and soil deposits require different cleaning and restoration approaches. Smoke damage types can impact the chosen products and techniques for eliminating smoke solids. Some of the preferred methods include:
- Detergents – These cleaners are used to emulsify soils from the surface. Much like oil separates from water, emulsification causes soot particles to repel from the underlying substrate.
- Solvents – Solvents use similar substances to break down and remove soil deposits by dissolving them.
- Media Blasting – This technique is more aggressive by using pressurized air or dry ice pellets but effective when SERVPRO technicians attempt to preserve the material underneath the soot.
- Alkaline Cleaners – Acidic deposits are common after a fire, and alkaline surface cleaning neutralizes the corrosiveness of these smoke solids, primarily targeted for metal and glass belongings and assemblies.
Removing Malodors after Fire Damage
Post-fire odors are one of the more significant challenges that professionals face during cleanup and recovery. Combustion involves many material types, some of which create offensive odors that overwhelm areas of your house. The objective of our restoration professionals is to neutralize these malodors completely, which begins by reducing their strength with counteractant products and fogging machines. Removing harsh smells involves air scrubbing, hydroxyl machines, and even ozone production if the house occupants are relocated.
Large Loss Fire Recovery Services
There are thousands of businesses throughout Marion County, so as much as we are there for the residential fire cleanup, we also have suitable equipment and training to manage Large Loss events. Our effectiveness in this approach hinges on our trailered equipment like desiccant dehumidifiers and generators, and our advanced training in the latest techniques and strategies to make it "Like it never even happened" for area businesses.
Are Fire Damage Repairs Necessary?
There are many situations where repairs and build-back services will be needed after disasters. Even minor kitchen flare-ups can leave areas like wall systems, cabinets, and countertops permanently damaged and requiring replacement. With General Contractor License #: GL2000109 and years of experience, we can transition to these build-back services as necessary during post-fire recovery. This includes the initially controlled demolition and board-up services our SERVPRO team conducts during the vital mitigation efforts after first responders clear the property for entry.
Indianapolis fire damage can happen in many ways and impact properties in varying levels of severity. As a trusted insurance vendor for the city's close to 900,000 residents, Marion County depends on SERVPRO of Indianapolis South to help. Our 24/7 availability ensures that the Green Fleet is mobile and rolling out to help as soon as we can safely enter a fire-damaged structure. Call us anytime at (317) 784-3008.